Become A Driving Instructor
Why become a qualified driving instructor?
• Earn £45,000+ per year
• Choose the hours and days you want to work. Take control of your life/work balance
• No redundancy and a skill for life. This is your qualification
• You are the boss you run your own business with the back up and support from Start N Drive
• Earn whilst you train with the PDI “Trainee” Licence
What is required to become a driving instructor?
• You need to be 21 years old or over and hold a full UK Driving Licence for 3 or more years
• Have not been disqualified from driving in the last 4 years
• You should not have any more than 5 driving penalty points on your licence (with in the last 4 years)
• You need to obtain a criminal record check which is known as a DBS (Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service).
What is involved learning to be a qualified instructor?
To become a qualified Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) Approved Driving Instructor (ADI), you are required to pass the DVSA examination, which is in three parts. After passing the Theory Test (Part 1) you will need to pass the two Practical Tests (Parts 2 and 3) within 2 years.
Part 1 A computer based multiple choice theory test (100 questions) and hazard perception test. You are required to pass both and will need to score 85/100 and 57/75 respectively.
Part 2 A practical driving test designed to evaluate your driving ability, The exam lasts for one hour and you must not concede more than 6 driving faults to pass. This is the stage at which you might consider a Trainee Licence and earn while you learn.
Part 3 A practical instructional test designed to test your ability to instruct a student. The examiner observes you training a learner from the back seat of your vehicle.